One Phat Grrl

onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

Thursday, May 22, 2003

There is something really foul about the smell of salad fixings that have been in a covered dish in the fridge for about two weeks.

Ick.

Ahem.

Anyway, so work was ok today. The boss man has been absent since last Wednesday (and for that I am grateful) so I have been the "super"-me at work. I've done my job and someone elses. A coworker took off Tuesday and Wednesday and I did way more than I should have...I thought since I had all this free time I'd just whoop up on his job and get it done. An I did. An he thanked me....by buying me a Luna bar for breakfast this morning and a water. That was sweet of him. Luna bar's are good indeed.

Tomorrow night I'm hoping to get outta the house as part of my plan to keep busy. I don't think I posted this, but my sister and I decided that the best way to combat my "blue" feeling was to stay busy. A busy mind and body has no time to sit and dwell on how things are (or how things aren't) so I'm taking that and running with it. Raul Malo (formerly of the Mavericks) is playing at a little bar downtown tomorrow and I'm thinking about attending. Besides the fact that he is truly HOT, he plays some latin type funky rock music. I think I'll enjoy. It's either that or a blues bar that is celebrating Mardi Gras in May. I can't go wrong either way :)